The Personal Information we collect will vary depending on how you interact with us, but may include:
- Name, email address, address, telephone number, credit history and credit information, billing information, and transaction history.
- If you use our online web portal to pre-register a visitor, the visitor’s name, email address, and company affiliation of the person.
- When checking in or registering at the Concierge Desk, we may ask to see a valid form of government picture identification.
- Images, movements, actions (e.g., date and time of entry/exit), or other identifiable information about our tenants and visitors captured by our security and access control systems, as well as video monitoring in the common areas at our properties. The purpose of such monitoring is to enhance security, safety and reasonable use and enjoyment by all lawful users of the property.
- Location information from your mobile device;
- Other information collected automatically when you visit or use our Websites or Mobile Application as described in the Information Collected Automatically, Cookies and Google Analytics sections below.
Collection of Information
We collect and store information, which may include Personal Information, for the following purposes:
- to provide you with the QuadReal Products and Services;
- to process your application for tenancy, your lease or other tenancy interaction;
- to manage building security and access;
- to send you communications you have opted-in to receive;
- to respond to your questions and comments;
- to respond to request for information regarding the QuadReal Products and Services;
- to verify your eligibility to create an account on the Mobile Application;
- to tailor your experience of the Website and Mobile Application;
- to troubleshoot problems with the Website, Mobile Application and the QuadReal Products and Services and to improve the Website, Mobile Application and the QuadReal Products and Services;
- to help QuadReal analyze the browsing and usage patterns of its users in order to improve the content and design of its Websites and Mobile Application;
- for security purposes, such as the prevention of potentially prohibited or illegal activities;
- for statistical analysis;
- to meet any legal or regulatory requirements;
- to conduct marketing, including promotional activities;
- as otherwise described to you when the information is collected; and
- to take any other action required or permitted by law.
If you use the digital access card feature within our Mobile Application, where available, we or our service provider will collect location information from your device. This information is collected when your device is near a card reader and will be collected even if the Mobile Application is not in use. Location information is only used to determine your proximity to the card reader to facilitate your entry or exit into the space. You can choose not to share your location information at any time by turning off location services through your device settings. However, if you turn off location services, you will not be able to use the digital access card feature.
How Do We Collect Information
QuadReal collects Personal Information from Website visitors and Mobile Application users only on a voluntary basis. Your Personal Information is collected in connection with your access and use of the Website and Mobile Application such as if you create an account, submit a request or question through our Website or Mobile Application, email a request for information from us, send us your curriculum vitae or your personal references. We may also collect information that you voluntarily provide to use to access and use the QuadReal Products and Services, or that we collect through our security and access control systems.
Use of Personal Information
We will use the Personal Information received through the Website or Mobile Application for the various purposes outlined above under “Collection of Information”. By providing Personal Information through the Website or Mobile Application, you acknowledge and agree that we may use the Personal Information for the purposes set out herein.
Generally, we collect Personal Information directly from you, but we may also collect it from third parties where you consent or we are permitted by law to do so (for instance, we collect credit information from credit reporting agencies if you apply to rent one of our units).
Disclosure of Personal Information
We may transfer Personal Information to service providers (including affiliates acting in this capacity) who perform services on our behalf, such as data hosting and processing, analytics, marketing, information technology and information security, and similar services.
We may transfer Personal Information to our business partners who have agreed to comply with legally required privacy standards and who will use the information only for the purposes disclosed at the time of collection or for a use consistent with that purpose. For instance, we may disclose your Personal Information to credit reporting agencies, government institutions (e.g. departments of motor vehicles or other relevant agencies), and insurance providers in order to process your lease or other tenancy interaction.
We may disclose Personal Information if we reasonably believe that we are required to do so by law or legal process or if we are otherwise requested by any law enforcement officer or agency acting under colour of law.
Storage And Security
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, WE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY DEFINITIVE GUARANTEE OF SECURITY IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION.
By using our Website or Mobile Application, you agree to assume all risk in connection with the security of your Personal Information sent to or collected by us through this Website or Mobile Application.
Retention Of Personal Information
We may keep Personal Information obtained through the Website or Mobile Application for so long as is necessary or appropriate to carry out the purpose(s) for which such information was collected or for such longer period as may be required or permitted by applicable laws and regulations and your consent to such purpose(s) remains valid after termination of our relationship with you.
QuadReal and some of QuadReal’s third party service providers may store information received from users (including Personal Information) outside of Canada, and under the laws of those other jurisdictions, in certain circumstances courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies or security authorities in those other provinces or foreign jurisdictions may be entitled to access users’ Personal Information.
Information Collected Automatically
When you visit the Website or Mobile Application, some information (i.e. the site from which you linked, your Internet Service Provider, the time and date of your visit, your device ID) may be collected automatically by the software that operates our Website or Mobile Application. This information is used by our technical engineers to compile aggregate statistics about the total number of daily visitors to our Website or users of our Mobile Application, the pages and features most frequently visited and used, and how long people stay at each page. None of the information that we report includes personal identification.
This Website uses Google Analytics, a web and mobile analytics tracking tool provided by Google, for audience activity, demographics reporting, and remarketing. You can opt-out of Google Analytics by installing a browser plug-in available on Google’s website.
You can help QuadReal maintain the accuracy of your Personal Information by notifying QuadReal of any changes to such information. You are responsible for ensuring that all information created through your use of the Website, the Mobile Application and the QuadReal Products and Services is accurate, reliable and complete.
The Website is intended for general audiences but is not to be used by individuals under 18 years old (“minors”). We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from anyone under the age of 18. If you become aware that your child has provided us with Personal Information without your consent, please contact us at the email address below. If we become aware that a minor has provided us with Personal Information without parental consent, we take steps to remove such information from our files.
Those who choose to access the Website from outside Canada do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable.
Where To Direct Questions or Complaints
If you have any questions or concerns about your privacy in connection with the Website or Mobile Application, or relating to the collection, use or disclosure of Personal Information by QuadReal, or if you would like to request access to or correction of your Personal Information in our control, please contact (please note that access requests must be in writing):
The Chief Privacy Compliance Officer (CPCO)
P.O. Box 373
199 Bay Street, Suite 4900
Toronto, ON M5L 1G2
Email: [email protected]